Chemical peels are known to improve skin texture, tone, and lessen the appearance of fine wrinkles. At The Skin Studio Day Spa, our Columbia aestheticians can use chemical peels to reveal your youthful glow.
What Are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels are cosmetic treatments that address various skin concerns. Applying chemical solutions to the face causes the skin to exfoliate and “peel” off. After the damaged skin cells are removed, the skin underneath is smoother and appears less wrinkled.
Types of Chemical Peels
There are three categories chemical peels fall under. These include:
- Superficial Peels: these procedures use mild acids to gently exfoliate the skin and only penetrate the outer layer.
- Medium Peels: this treatment uses solutions such as trichloroacetic or glycolic acid to penetrate the middle and outer layers of skin cells.
- Deep Peels: this peel fully penetrates through the middle layer of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The solutions in deep peels often are phenol or trichloroacetic acid.
Chemical Peel Ingredients
The chemical solutions in each peel vary depending on the type. Typically, these solutions are used:
- Glycolic Acid
- Trichloroacetic Acid
- Salicylic Acid
- Lactic Acid
- Carbolic Acid (Phenol)
What Is The Environ Cool Peel?
The practice of chemical peeling is based on the destruction of skin cells and if done aggressively, the skin’s natural barrier will be damaged. This can lead to infection, irritation, and textural changes. Compared to other chemical peels, The Environ Cool Peel is a gentler treatment—designed to protect your natural skin barrier.
The Environ Cool Peel is a superficial peel that supports the natural processes of healthy skin. It is a safe peeling system that utilizes lactic acid, which is a chemical found naturally in our hair, nails, and skin. By removing the excess layers of skin and maintaining its waterproofing, this cool peel exposes non-damaged tissue layers. Additionally, The Environ Cool Peel is ideal for hydrating and repairing. The acidic creams and gels used in the peel keeps skin hydrated as the exfoliation process begins. As the outer skin is exfoliated a fresh layer of youthful skin underneath is revealed.
Benefits of The Environ Cool Peel
The Environ Cool Peel has many benefits following its procedure. This gentle treatment can help address:
- Rough Texture
- Sun Damage
- Dry Skin
- Fine Wrinkles
- Skin Tone
What to Expect Before & During Treatment
Before the procedure, you will be offered a complimentary consultation. Our Columbia med spa team will perform an assessment of your situation to discuss how to customize your treatment for desired results. In this consultation, we will also cover how to prepare your skin at home before The Environ Cool Peel treatment for best results.
During the procedure, you will first have your face cleaned and prepped by our med spa team. Then, The Environ Cool Peel will be gently applied to your face. During this time, you may experience a slight stinging sensation as the treatment begins to work. Once the procedure is complete, the peel will be removed, and a neutralizing solution will be added onto your skin. The procedure itself takes about 30 minutes to complete. Healing time has more variance depending on the individual’s skin.
Environ Cool Peel Recovery
The Environ Cool Peel is a worthwhile investment to incorporate into your skincare routine. This treatment does not put strain on the skin and can be done on a weekly basis for its hydrating and refining effects.
Recovery time is about 24 hours and results begin to show within the first week. During this time your skin may be temporarily lighter or darker. It is important to note that depending on the condition of your skin, some clients may require more sittings to get their desired results.
Basic Skincare to Incorporate in Your Daily Routine
While chemical peels can help enhance the look of your skin, it is also important to nourish it with a skincare routine. Following a daily skincare regimen gives the best results while getting routine chemical peels.
The basic steps to incorporate in a daily routine include:
- Cleanse: Your skin has dirt, oil, and dead skin cells on the surface. Using a facial cleanser in the morning and night leaves it clean and fresh to layer on other products. This also prevents clogged pores and breakouts.
- Treat: After cleansing, your skin can be treated with a toner to refresh your skin. This step removes other leftover buildup on your face and balances your pH.
- Moisturize: Be sure to apply a moisturizer to your skin after toner for hydration and softening.
- Protect: The final step is to protect your skin with sunscreen in the morning. This is an important step of your skincare routine as it helps prevent fine lines, wrinkles, texture imperfections, and pore changes overtime.
These are the four basic steps to protecting and taking care of your skin. A skincare routine should be tailored to your unique needs but is a recommended habit to implement in your day-to-day life. To find more information on skincare routines and using oils and serums, we recommend this page.
Our team at The Skin Studio Day Spa knows the importance of establishing the right skincare routine. Taking care of your skin is an investment that will pay off for many years to come and we’re here to help!
Contact us today for a complimentary consultation at (803) 373-1284 or through our online form.